At TAG Sensors, we are fully committed to the data protection principles of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Norwegian Data Privacy Act. Protecting your private information is our priority. We process personal data in order to deliver and market our services, and to keep our solution secure. Below we inform you about our processing.
TAG Sensors has the role of “controller” for the processing of personal data under the covered services (see below under Personal data Processed).
We process your personal data for the following purposes and on the following grounds:
We process personal data through our webpages, our Customer Relations Management system (CRM), the TAG Portal and TAG Tap, and other digital systems. This is done for the following purposes:
- Providing services: We process personal information to provide and deliver services to you. For example, we process your information in relation to identification of customers, invoicing and payments, customer service, technical support and customer complaint handling. Such processing is necessary to fulfil our agreement with you, and/or to provide services at your request.
- Information generated by the use of TAG Sensor: We process information in connection with your temperature monitoring with the use of the TAG Sensor. For example, we process information about your employees in the use of TAG Tap smartphone app, geo location and temperatures, routes etc. Such processing is necessary to fulfil our agreement with you, and/or to provide services at your request.
- Development and analysis: We process personal data to improve our services and digital channels, and to perform analysis of our website. Such processing is based on legitimate interest.
- Sales and marketing: We use both anonymized and personal data for marketing purposes. These activities include direct marketing, such as:
- defining target groups; based on consent (if required)
- adapting and targeting the marketing; based on consent (if required)
- distribution of newsletters, SMS and other forms of direct marketing; based on consent (communications) and legitimate interest (processing); and
- marketing analysis and customer satisfaction surveys; based on consent and/or legitimate interest.
- Information security: We may process personal information to ensure the security of our systems, and to detect and prevent certain types of misuse of our services. Such processing is based on a legitimate interest.
- Legal compliance: We process personal information to meet legislative requirements, for example in relation to accounting and providing information to authorities when required by law. Such processing is based on compliance with our legal obligations.
- Collection and disputes: If our agreement terminates, or if other bases for processing of your personal data therefore lapses and/or if a dispute has arisen between us, the following applies: We do not need to delete your data if we may need it to process it for the purpose of collection of any outstanding amount and/or for the purpose of dispute handling (see GDPR art. 17 (3) e).
- Other purposes to which you have given consent: We may process your personal information for any other purpose to which you have given us your consent.
How we collect personal data
We collect the data provided by you when you register for our services, subscribe to our newsfeed, enter into agreements for our services or contact us directly. By using TAG Sensor, your data is registered in our systems.
Processing and Storage time
We only store your personal data for as long as necessary and for the purpose the data was collected, unless a legal requirement demands a longer storage period, or if you have given us your consent to extended storage.
Your personal data will be processed for as long as you have an active relationship with us, or until you request us to delete the information in our systems. We consider a relationship with us as:
- being a customer or customer contact of TAG Sensors;
- being registered as a user in TAG Portal and/or TAG Tap;
- having given consent to receive marketing material or other notifications from us;
- having actively asked to be contacted by us via social media, electronic messages, electronic forms or on exhibitions, seminars, or;
- having requested to follow us on Facebook or another advertising platform.
The relationship to us is defined as ‘active’ as long as:
- your contact information or user profile is needed to maintain the relationship to you or your company, or
- you have not explicitly withdrawn your consent.
Storage of anonymized data is not subject to such limitations or demands, because anonymized information is not considered personal data. We may use any anonymized data for any purposes, such as optimizing of routes. We may resell anonymized data to third parties. We work to ensure that personal information and other customer information is at all times updated and correct, and that we do not store information that is unrelated to the stated purposes for processing of personal information.
Sharing information with third parties
TAG Sensors does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
To arrange for deliveries or support at your request we may also share personal data with third parties with which we have entered into contractual relationship with, including data processing agreements to secure the processing of your personal data.
All such third parties are obligated to confidentiality and are prohibited from using your personal data for any other purposes than the services delivered to us.
TAG Sensors may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law.
TAG Sensors may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from TAG Sensors or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving such emails, you may click on the UNSUBSCRIBE button in newsletters or replying STOP on e-mails.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide convenience to you. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize TAG Sensors pages, or register with TAG Sensors site or services (including but not limited to TAG Portal and TAG Tap), a cookie helps TAG Sensors to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same TAG Sensors website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the TAG Sensors features that you customized.
Targeting cookies may also be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
You can accept or decline cookies on our websites. Some web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the TAG Sensors services or websites you visit.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personal data.
Security of your personal information
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against loss of data, unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information Our security measures include physical, technical, and organizational measures, use of protective software, IT infrastructure, internal and external networks and technical facilities, as well as internal policies and access control.
Our security work is based on regular risk assessments and internal controls to ensure that sufficient security measures are imposed to prevent the unauthorized access of personal data.
Children under thirteen
TAG Sensors does not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Changes to this statement
Your rights and Contact information
You have the right to access, correction, and in some cases deletion of your personal data processed by us. You may also have the right to restrict or object to the processing, as well as the right to data portability. You can read more about the extent of your rights on the web pages of the Norwegian Data Protection Authority: www.datatilsynet.no.
If our processing is based on your consent, you can always withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data.
TAG Sensors welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that TAG Sensors has not adhered to this Statement, please contact TAG Sensors at: TAG Sensors AS, Nordre Gate 13, 8622 Mo i Rana, Norway
Email Address: [email protected]